The careful and conscientious handling of your personal data and its protection is very important to us.
The following information explains to you how the collection and processing of your data is handled on our website.
§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) Personal data are all data that are personally identifiable to you, e.g. your name, address, email addresses, user behavior.
(2) Responsible according to Article 4 para. 7 EU Data Protection Basic Regulation (GDPR) is
EDGAR Home GmbH
Represented by the managing director Simon Pithie
Companies' registers: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg Berlin, HRB: 162257
(3) In order to collect and process your personal data, we need a legal basis. In the following we will give you the relevant legal basis for the respective data processing. A legal basis for data processing can also be your voluntary consent to the respective data processing.
(4) When you contact us by email or via our contact form, the data you provide (e.g. email address, name and, if applicable, telephone number, content, etc.) will be stored and processed by us in order to answer your questions. Your e-mail address is required to enable us to respond to your enquiry.
The data for the purpose of contacting us will be processed in accordance with Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent.
We delete the data arising in this context after the storage is no longer necessary, e.g. because your inquiry could be answered, or limit the processing if there are legal storage obligations.
(5) As part of data processing on our behalf, a third party provider provides us with hosting and presentation services for the website. The legal basis for this is Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interests are the accessibility and correct presentation of our website. All data collected in the context of the use of this website or in the forms provided for this purpose in the online shop as described below are processed on its servers. Processing on other servers only takes place in the framework described here. This service provider is located within a country of the European Union or the European Economic Area.
(6) To prevent unauthorized access to your personal data, especially financial data, our websites are encrypted, SSL encryption (Secure Socket Layer). We also take physical, technical and administrative security measures to adequately protect your personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, transfer and alteration. These security measures include firewalls, data encryption and physical access restrictions for our data centers and authorization controls for access to data.
§ 2 Data processing when visiting our website
(1) In the purely informational use of our website, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data:
· IP address
· Date and time of the request
· Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
· Content of the request (concrete site)
· Access status/ http status code
· Amount of data transferred at a time
· Website, from which the request was sent
· Operating system and its interface
· Language and version of the browser software.
The mentioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
· Ensuring a smooth connection of the website,
· Ensuring comfortable use of our website,
· evaluation of system security and stability as well as
· for further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interests for data processing results from the purposes listed above. The above data will be deleted no later than seven days after the end of your visit to the site.
(2) In order to make visiting our website user-friendly and to enable the use of certain functions, to display demand-oriented products or for market research we use so-called cookies on various pages. Cookies are small data, which are automatically saved on your terminal device.
a) The website uses the following types of cookies, which the scope and functionality are explained below:
· Transient cookies
· Persistent cookies.
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. This includes in particular the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which different requests of your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and refuse the acceptance of third party cookies or all cookies, for example. Please note that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
e) You can see the duration of storage in the overview in the cookie settings of your web browser.
The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interests result from the purposes mentioned above (increasing user-friendliness, etc.).
§ 3 Data processing for customer account / bookmark list (‘Merkliste’)
(1) If you would like to open a customer account with our website, e.g. in order to be able to use the bookmark list (‘Merkliste’) function, then we collect and process your personal data provided by you. The opening of a customer account is voluntary. The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR. We store this data as long as you are a customer of ours. You can delete your customer account at any time by sending a message to the contact option described above. The personal data specified in the bookmark list (‘Merkliste’) will also be deleted if the customer account is deleted..
(2) If you want to use our bookmark list (‘Merkliste’), you must create a customer account (see Article 1). For your bookmark list (‘Merkliste’), we store the information you have entered there to make it easier for you to find products of your interest. The use of the watch list is voluntary. The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR. You can delete your entries in the bookmark list (‘Merkliste’) at any time using the function provided there. Otherwise we store your data as long as you use thebookmark list (‘Merkliste’).
§ 4 E-mail advertising with registration for the newsletter
(1) If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will inform you regularly by email about interesting offers. Registration is voluntary.
(2) The only mandatory information for sending the newsletter is your email address. We store your email address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis for this is Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR.
(3) Furthermore we store your IP addresses and the time of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to be able to prove your registration and, if necessary, to clarify a possible misuse of your personal data. The legal basis for this is Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest results from the aforementioned purposes.
(4) For the registration to our newsletter we use the so-called double opt-in procedure. This means that after your registration we will send you an email to the email address you have provided, asking you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter.
(5) You can revoke your consent to the sending of the newsletter at any time and thus cancel the newsletter. You can unsubscribe either by sending a message to the contact option described above or via a link provided in the newsletter or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(6) After unsubscribing, we will delete your email address unless you have consented to further or different use.
(7) The newsletter will be sent by a service provider (MailChimp) we engage to process data on our behalf and to whom we shall forward your email address for this purpose. This service provider is located in the US and is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield. Click here to view the current certificate. This means that US-based companies certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield can provide an adequate level of data protection.
§ 5 Data processing for orders
(1) If you would like to place an order in our online shop, we collect and process your personal data provided by you. Mandatory fields are marked as such, as in these cases we require the requested data for processing the contract. The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b GDPR.
(2) Due to commercial and tax regulations, we are obliged to store your order data for the legally mandatory period (e.g. § 147 Tax Code and § 257 Commercial Code, each requires 10 years). The legal basis for this is Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c GDPR. After expiry of the tax and commercial storage periods, we will delete your order data unless you have consented to further use or we reserve the right to continue to use it, which is permitted by law and about which we inform you in this declaration.
(3) In some cases we use external service providers, especially payment service providers, to process your order. We pass on your payment data to these companies for payment processing. During payment processing you may be redirected to the websites of these companies, whose privacy declaration also applies in this case in addition to ours. The legal basis for this is Article 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. b GDPR.
(4) Zur Vertragserfüllung bei der Lieferung von Waren geben wir Ihre Lieferadresse an das mit der Lieferung beauftragte Versandunternehmen weiter, soweit dies zur Lieferung bestellter Waren erforderlich ist. The legal basis for this is Article 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. b GDPR.
§ 6 Use of Google Analytics
(1) The website uses functions from the web analytics service Google Analytics. Provider is Google Inc, (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so called “cookies”. They are text files that are being saved on your PC and that enable analytic of the use of the website by you. The information created by the cookies about your use of the website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and saved there. If the IP anonymization is activated on this website, Google will shortened your IP address within Member States of the European Union or in other states party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area beforehand. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide the website operator with other services relating to website and Internet use.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser within the scope of Google Analytics will not be merged with other data from Google.
(3) You can prevent the saving of the cookies by choosing the respective setting; however we point out that you cannot use all functions of the website fully if you do so. You can furthermore prohibit the registration of the of you use of the website related data created by the cookie (including your IP-address) to Google as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin provided by this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
(4) Thewebsite uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. As a result, IP addresses are further processed in a shortened form, so that direct reference to persons can be ruled out. As far as the data collected about you is personal, it will be excluded immediately and the personal data will be deleted immediately.
(5) As an alternative to the browser plugin you can use the following link[tl3] to prevent future acquisition of data by Google Analytics on this website. If you do so, an opt-out cookie is stored on your terminal device. If you delete your cookies, you must click the link again.
(6) We use Google Analytics to analyze and be able to regularly improve the use of our website. With the gained statistics we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest results from the aforementioned improvement of the offer.
(7) Contact information Europe:
Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
(8) This website also uses Google Analytics for a device-independent analysis of visitor flows that is carried out via a user ID. In your customer account under “My data”, “Personal data” you can deactivate the cross-device analysis of your usage.
(9) After our purpose of the use of Google Analytics has ceased and the use has ended, the data collected in this context will be deleted.
§ 7 Your rights
(1) With regard to personal data concerning you, you have the right to:
· to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Article 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or opposition, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if not collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where applicable, meaningful information on their details;
· to immediately demand the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored by us in accordance with Article 16 GDPR;
· to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Article 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
· pursuant to Article 18 GDPR, to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you reject the deletion of the data and we no longer need the data, but if you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or if you have filed an objection against the processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR and
· to obtain, in accordance with Article 20 GDPR, the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request the transmission to another person responsible.
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data (Article 77 GDPR), if you consider the processing of your personal to be contrary to this regulation. A competent data protection supervisory authority is: Berliner Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit, Friedrichstr. 219, 10969 Berlin, phone: +004930 13889-0, telefax: 030 2155050, e-mail: email@example.com.
(3) You may revoke your consent to data processing once given to us (legal basis: Article 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR) at any time according to Article 7 para. 3 GDPR. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue processing data based on this consent in the future. The legality of data processing based on the consent until revocation remains affected.
(4) Right to object to the processing (Article 21 GDPR)
Right to object
a) You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your personal data, which follow the collection according to Article 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR (Data collection to ensure a legitimate interest); This includes including profiling based on those provisions. The consequence of the objection is that we no longer process this personal data unless we can prove compelling reasons worthy of protection for the processing, which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
b) If we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object to such processing at any time; this also applies to profiling in so far as it is related to such direct marketing. The existence of a special situation, as in a), is therefore not necessary for an effective objection in direct marketing. If you object to the processing for direct marketing purposes, we will no longer process your personal data for these purposes.
EDGAR Home GmbH, 01.08.2018